Saturday, August 18, 2012

VC Fair '12 Results for Floriculture

Zinnia Zowie Yelow Flame in the garden
This colorful and unusual zinna won "Best of Division" at the Ventura County Fair.  I entered it in the annuals, Zinnas, variegated category. (Div. 344, Class 18, planted from seed).  I was so amazed to win the lovely plaque especially when I was rushing and cutting the annuals in my garden at the last moment, early in the morning.

Here are some of the other flowers I entered in Floriculture for the 2012 Ventura County Fair. There are more pictures of my fair entries on flickr.
  • Scabiosa Pin Cushion Flower (344,18) Annual, Framed Flower. (First place)
  • Chantilly Snapdragon (344,17) Annual, annual any other. (Second Place)
  • Polar Bear Zinna (344,12) Annual, Zinnia any other (Honorable Mention)
  • Marigold (344,7) Annual, Marigold, any other (Second Place)
  • Retro Red Marigold (344,7), Annual, Marigold, any other (Third Place)
  • Mexican Tulip Poppy (345,27), Perennials, framed flower (Honorable Mention)


No comments:

Post a Comment